When 42 million vapers across the world stand up together to speak about our journeys towards better health and demand our right to switch to less harmful alternatives, we will be hard to ignore. In India, a committee of the most senior and well-respected people in the vaping community is organising this year’s programme.
This year’s #WorldVapeDay – India will comprise four activities:
1. A Twitter campaign which ties in with global efforts.
2. A livestream where vapers talk about their stories.
3. A social media campaign to sensitise Indian public to THR.
4. Emails to MP/MLAs seeking our right to make safer choices.
PARTICIPATE IN TWITTER CAMPAIGN
How to participate:
1. First, you need a Twitter account.
2. After creating one, follow people in this list.
3. Then have a look at this guide.
What to do:
1. On Saturday, May 30, between 3-6 pm, tweet and retweet as much as you can.
2. Use these hashtags in your tweets: #WorldVapeDay, #EndVapeBan, #TobaccoExposed.
3. Search for #WorldVapeDay hashtag and retweet as many tweets you find.
Sample tweets you can use
See what other vapers are tweeting
Tonight between 8-10 pm, we will host a live across FB, YouTube, Insta & Twitter where vapers will talk about their quit journeys for 5 mins.
PARTICIPATE IN SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
1. Change your DP on FB, Insta, Whatsapp to this one for May 30. Click here for image
2. Shoot a short 15 sec video supporting World Vape Day or saying one-line message like: If you are a smoker quit. today, or switch to vaping; I support vaping as a means to quit smoking; I quit smoking with vaping. etc.
3. Share posts on vaping (share a story, article or research paper).
Post these posters on your social media. Check back for more.